VENUE: STANFORD VALLEY GUEST FARM
FEES & ENTRY OPTIONS:
85km Ultra XCM : R650.00
55km XCM: R450.00
25km Marathon: R350.00
The first 25km will take riders up the Lucern hill and across to Vaalvlei and then Klein Modderrivier where the first water point will be at 13km.
Riders will cross the R326 under a culvert and head across to jeep track and trails passing White Water and Bluegum guest houses. Another culvert crossing will take riders back to Stanford Valley where the 25km ends, and the 55 and 85km continues after water point 2 at 23km.
A magnificent fynbos single track route follows up from Stanford Valley to the very top of the View Point overlooking the Akkedisberg mountains, Hermanus and as far as Franskraal. An exhilarating descent takes riders to the beautiful water point 3 at Beloftebos at 45km.
Both the 85km and 60km route will include all the single track from Stanford Valley Guest Farm to the Beloftebos trails.
The 60km riders will return to Stanford Valley with predominantly 95% single track up and over.
The 85km will take riders further in the direction of Salmonsdam up a steady climb to Hermanus Pietersfontein and the top op Arends Nes at waterpoint 4.
The descent will take riders out of Hermanus Pietersfontein on gravel road before they meander through another section of single track until they reach the top of Withoogte. From their a fast decent and back to Beloftebos and through the bush single track and towards Beloftebos water point for the 2nd time (water point 5), before they return on marked trails and following mostly the same single track back to Stanford Valley as the 60km riders.
60km and 85km : Intermediate- Advanced
Riders require a reasonable amount of skills and endurance to complete the 60km and 85km trails.
- CSA license required for riders. Day license can be purchased online for event.
- The routes will be marked.
- Marshalls must be obeyed at all times.
- Participants may only receive help from fellow participants or from a service provider at a water point tech zone.
- Any kind of assistance from any other source will lead to disqualification.
- No littering is allowed on the route or at thevenue.
- Please dispose of litter at the water points orin designated rubbish bins.
- No smoking or lighting of fires is allowed on the course.
- Offenders will be disqualified and may face a lifetime ban from future events.
- The same goes for vandalim of any kind to property, plants and animals.
- The marked course must be followed by all participants.
- Taking short cuts will lead to disqualification.
- Team members in the MTB Stage Race must stay within 2 minutes of each other. Failure to do so at any point in the race will lead to a 45 minute Separation Time Penalty (STP).
The following support services will be provided:
- Emergency Medical services.
- 2x water points on each stage,with water, energy drink and snacks.
- Lead motorbike on each day.
- Sweeper vehicle on each day
- All participants will be timed.